Front of the House Manager:
House managers welcome the public into the theatre and oversee their safety and well-being during the show. The house manager attends all performances and events at the Columbia Theatre. In addition, the house manager attends Columbia Theatre related events held off-site.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Secure, coordinate, supervise, and train Volunteer Usher group for all Columbia Theatre events
- Coordinate/arrange yearly volunteer party and partial events for the Columbia Theatre
- Resolve patron concerns/issues arising during productions
- Clean and maintain the appearance of lobby, restrooms and auditorium areas when needed or be able to facilitate when in need
- Handles merchandise for all events at the theatre
- Work closely with box office staff
- Able to work well with a team
- Computer skills to include microsoft office, excel, email, social media, publisher, and PDF
- Maintain reports for shows and incidents
- Schedule and train bar staff
- CPR certified or be able to complete training upon season start
- Mixology License or the ability to obtain upon hire
- Handling emergencies: Handle any emergencies that arise with audience members. Call 911 for emergency help.
This is an hourly position; training will be conducted prior to the start of the 2018-2019 season.
Candidates should have experience working with the public, management, customer service and have strong organizational and communication skills; box office or theatre experience helpful but not required.
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Management: 2 years
APPLY ON INDEED.COM: https://www.indeed.com/ Search "Columbia Theatre Front of House Manager"
Business Development Associate:
Are you passionate about arts in the community? Do you love theatre and performance art? Do you believe that arts education is important? Do you have a background in B2B sales?
If you answered yes to all or most of these questions, consider joining the team at Columbia Theatre Association for the Performing Arts located in Downtown Longview!
We are expanding the team to include a Business Development Associate. This person will be responsible for selling advertising and sponsorships to local and regional organizations in support of the theatre and a wide-range of productions year-round.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission of the theatre, excited about sharing the opportunity with business leaders, and professional in all interactions and activities.
- Sell sponsorships and advertising in support of the Columbia Theatre.
- Manage multiple lead channels and identify new prospects.
- Research accounts to identify contact information for key leads.
- Successfully present the organization’s value proposition.
- Assess prospects’ and customers’ needs and opportunities.
- Keep accurate records of all customer interactions using defined tools and methods.
- Be creative, find solutions, stay organized and engaged.
- Collaborate with other team members to further nurture leads into opportunities.
- Attend staff meetings; attend some productions as requested.
- Participate as a key member of the team working to fulfill the mission and vision of the Columbia Theatre.
- Conduct all business professionally and in alignment with the theatre’s core values.
- 1-3 years in sales – advertising/sponsorships preferred, not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; active listener
- Attention to detail with excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage time effectively
- Experience using a CRM (Customer Resource Management System)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email
To apply, please respond with your resume and a cover letter describing how you might be a good fit for this position.
To learn more about the theatre: Columbia Theatre Association for the Performing Arts
Job Type: Commission
- B2B sales: 1 year
- Longview, WA 98632
APPLY ON INDEED.COM: https://www.indeed.com/ Search "Columbia Theatre Business Development Associate"